Friday, March 27, 2009

The Deck Story

So a few of weeks ago the snow melted and there was a bunch of toys that Preston and Deacon threw off the deck before it snowed. So Preston wanted to go get them so I sent him out with a bag to go collect and Carter wanted to go to, but I wanted to finish cleaning the kitchen so I thought I would let him go out on the deck to watch because there was no stairs and I would crack the door so I could hear. I never imagined that Carter would actually climb up and over the top of the deck and jump! I heard a faint cry and Preston calmly yelling that Carter just fell off the deck. So I jumped down there and checked him over to make sure there was no broken bones! I think it's only a 10 foot drop but for a 1 1/2 yr old that is a long drop. Well, turns out he is fine and I had Jarrod's dad come give him a blessing since Jarrod was working in Provo that week. He moaned and groaned for the rest of the night but I think he is okay now.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I felt so bad when you told me that story! He's such a good boy. I'm glad he's okay! We need to play again soon. Rylee has been sick all week and I just woke up with a sore throat this morning. We will do our best to get better so that we can get together. Miss you!

Kari Sweeten said...

Melanie,
I am so glad that he is okay!! How scary is that? What a miracle!

Patti said...

Hate accidents, I am glad he's okay